Sunday, April 10, 2011

Blog Virgin

So, this is my first blog ever! I've been thinking about doing this for a while. I considered writing a diary, but what's the point? No one will ever read it because it's too personal.

I just woke up, turned on the TV and there was Amy Adams, blogging about her cooking in Julie and Julia. So i thought "Hey... I can do that!"

I'm going back to Egypt in a couple of days. My "best friend" is getting engaged to my cousin. 
I thought I'd put those days behind me. My family lives in Abu Dhabi, while i was stuck working on my masters in Egypt. Then the revolution happened, and on the 4th of February I was finally out. 

My biggest concern is the return to the drama that i tried so hard to get away from. A crazy professor, a super jealous ex-boyfriend, a crush on a friend whose already engaged... my best friend going after my crush...

Another thing I'm dreading, is this serious talk that i have to have with my controlling older sister. If there was a woman on the planet who lived her life like a promiscuous man, that'd be my sister. Think, Demi Moore in Disclosure, when Michael Douglas was accusing her of raping him.

If my sister ever ends up in such a case, I wouldnt be too surprised. 

So I have to talk to her about her life, the point of it, where is it heading, why does she keep going through men as quick as a clean-freak goes through underwear. 

If i survive that talk, I promise I will blog about it. Just stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment